Do you find that your hips are really tight, or your lower body slightly numb due to pooled blood in your lower extremities – the result of long hours in a seated position? Maybe you’re confined to a desk for much of the day, perhaps you sit while commuting for long hours, or you may have couch surfed too long while binge watching Netflix (no judgement here)? Consider incorporating butterfly pose (Baddha Konasana) as part of your regular Yoga regime.
- Boosts blood circulation to the lower body.
- Opens up & increases flexibility in the hips, groin and thighs.
- Improves posture and can help release shoulder tension.
- Releases the lower back (great if you suffer from back ache).
- Aids in relieving stress and tiredness.
- Stimulates the reproductive and digestive organs.
- Encourages regular bowel movement
- Alleviates menstrual discomfort and pain.
- Excellent in preparing the body for natural childbirth.
Ready for some play time on the mat? Kick off your shoes and socks, make your way to your mat and try out my attached short “FREE BUTTERFLY” sequence, to bring blood supply back to your pelvis and lower extremities, improve your posture and release shoulder tension.
That’s it for now – see you all for playtime on the mat😉
Till next time – Keep it Light😘